Here in Lafayette, Louisiana we are faced with moisture and large amounts of it. Humidity is something we live with on a daily basis. It’s muggy, sticky, and hot, but it is also the perfect contender in creating something we all despise…MOLD.
Mold can begin to grow in your home where there is excess humidity, or if your home has flooded and filled with standing water or dampness for any given period of time. Whether it’s a leaky pipe, natural disaster, or excess amounts of condensation, or humidity all of these cases apply.
If you have had prior water damage to your home, or have weakness in your structure, that can cause increased humidity which in turn can lead to the growth of mold. So how do you know if mold is in your home?
Unusual damp smell. Is there a musty or damp smell present? Almost like wet paper or old books? This stench could be the tell-tale sign of mold present in your home.
Are you suddenly experiencing constant allergy and cold like symptoms, even asthma? Sore throat, headaches, runny nose, burning eyes, sneezing, cough, and feeling fatigued. These are all symptoms brought on by mold.
Do your walls appear warped? This can be an indication that moisture is freely present behind your walls, where it shouldn’t be.
Monitor your air conditioning filters. If you see black or fuzzy spots on your filter, it could be mold. Also, be mindful of noticing if there is a musty smell present when your air conditioning unit turns on.
Check your clothing and furniture surfaces for white and/or black spots. Spores that are freely moving in your home thrive on porous surfaces and fibers such as clothing and upholstered furniture.
If you are concerned that you and your family are facing mold, do not waste any time. Call the professionals. Continuum Restoration mold removal experts are here to take the worry out of your hands. Available 24/7 for all of your needs.